Meet our coaches: Yomon al Masri
welcome to the new feature of our website – Meet our coaches. The first one to be presented is Yomon, our football coach from Tulkarem. Enjoy our short interview!
- Hello Yomon! Can you shortly present yourself (name, age, origin, sports background)?
My name is Yomon Maher Al Masri, I’m 23 years old and I’m from Tulkarem.
- What is your favorite sport?
- Why did you become a coach?
I became a coach because of my passion for soccer and to continue with my soccer career. To coach girls and to prove that soccer isn’t constricted for males.
- Why are sports important for children and youth?
Sports are important for youth, children, elderly and everyone because it is in my opinion food for my soul every little detail of it. I also believe that life wouldn’t be complete without sports because it one of the basic rules for a healthy way of life.
- What do you like the most about being a coach?
The thing I love most about being a coach is how kids love me, and considering me as a role model. This teaches me to be more committed and work on myself to be a better role model and to have a better behavior.
- How do you in your coaching sessions connect life skills and sports?
I connect the two by using any situation or behavior that comes up during the sessions, I make a discussion group about it, and analyze it and explain the pros and cons. Hearing the kids and guiding them to what is right, and planning exercises that aims to teach life skills.
- What is your message for Sports for Life friends and supporters?
My message is to keep giving their support to keep Sports for Life focused on their goal to better our society and sports.